Wednesday, July 2, 2008
The Days of Summer


The last few days have been those I live for--baseball, pool parties, BBQ--really anything summer related and I'm there. I suppose it's a product of growing up in California but hanging out with my best friends poolside or beachside or anywhere in between on a Tuesday at one in the afternoon just makes you feel like you're 17 and without a care in the world.

On Monday night we paired up with good friends Will and Lisa and headed to the annual Cubs v. Giants duel. Admittedly, I've become quite attached to Chris' beloved Cubbies (especially the current crop) and find it pretty hard to seriously root against them. But what kind of San Francisco fan would I be if I just up and abandoned my Giants in their time of need?

Having that said it was pretty easy to be entertained when (at least in my case) both the teams you root for are out on the field. The Cubs crushed 9-2, with those last two Giants runs scored in the final inning. Plus, Chris made sure I had an excellent view of Derrek Lee's bottom, which is very niiice.





If that wasn't enough fun, yesterday we spent the day lazing around the pool with some of my oldest and dearest friends. And on Friday we're prepared to celebrate our nation's independence with BBQ and brew. (Sigh) It's rough out here.


Posted by Kelley at 10:59 AM | 0 comments