Wednesday, June 10, 2009
The Taste of Success


We went to our garden today half-worried our neighbor might have forgotten to water it for us and everything would be dead. Turns out, the vegetables are thriving! The tomato plants are bearing little green fruits, the bell peppers are sprouting little peppers, and the zucchini--well just look at the picture! The one we picked today is nearly the size of Santo.

I can't believe how rewarding it feels to actually produce something we will eat. Plus, we still have plenty of space to put in some late herbs and fall crops like squash or pumpkins.

Now I just have to decide what to do with that monster zucchini. My first thought was to slice and grill it (yum!), but I think I may just make some zucchini bread on account of its ginormous size.


Posted by Kelley at 4:41 PM | 0 comments