Saturday, April 5, 2008
...and breathe


In the ninety-eight years before I enrolled at the university, Kansas' men's basketball team won more than sixteen hundred games and was twice the national champion. In my four years there, the team lost in the third, second, second and second rounds of the NCAA tournament. In the eight years since my, um, departure, the Jayhawks have reached the Final Four three times and, now, the national championship game twice. (Not to mention what the football team did this season.)

I do not mean to complain, especially after KU gathered itself tonight against North Carolina and claimed victory from what was shaping up to be a terrific embarrassment. It's just: scenes like this one, from Mass Street after the game, make me jealous.


Go Jayhawks. Beat Memphis.

Posted by Chris at 10:34 PM | 0 comments